music


Sunday, June 8, 2008

Melaka short break: Sleeping place

Saturday late afternoon, after traffic jam in historic town. We arrive Number Twenty Guesthouse which will spending a night for our short break at Melaka.

Front entry

Ikea's light, I had one in my living room too...

Number Twenty is located at the old historic Chinese Baba quarter adjacent to the world heritage Standhuy’s in Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Walk) A stones throw away are many cafes bars and restaurants where you can get local food to meet all budgets and tastes.

I feel like at European place...

Window with historic street view

We step inside this 17th century Dutch Mansion built in 1673, walk up to the first floor which big space intact as a spacious lounge and ceiling balcony windows open out on to the Jonker Walk with warm afternoon sun light. Inside of this Dutch mansion has been modified be a cool comfortable urban casual style space with modern European style furnishings.

TV, magazines, books...everythings is there

Ikea's showroom in Melaka?

Cool comfortable urban casual style space

Breakfast with cool wallpaper decoration

After finish check-in process, so lucky that I got my room at the third floor with roof top garden attached which I can hang-up with my cold beer under the mood night. Because is old historic heritage building, all the rooms in this guesthouse is no bathroom attached, but each floor have two bathroom means that you don't need to line-up for shower.

Its my room key...

My room view from garden...

The roof garden...


Of course, the most I really love about this guesthouse is friendly and warm service, make me feel like a home, definitely I will stay there again for next visit.

Room rate: RM95 per night. Continental Breakfast is included.

Number Twenty Guest house
20 Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Walk)
Malacca, Malaysia 75200
Tel: +60 62 819761

3 comments:

Dezmond said...

wow... looks cosy.. I never knew such a place existed in Jonker Street although I've been there a dozen times haha..

p/s: anyway wanna exchange links? I've just added u under my blogger links ;)

calgraden said...

Yeah! I love the place after staying a night there. I add you blog link on it now. hopefully see your "foot print" often on my blog...haha

Cabbageboo said...

That place rocks!!!Very Zen like isn't it?