music


Monday, March 30, 2009

Hidden hanging club of California Fitness at Lot 10


Guess what is this place? Art gallery, museum or exhibition house? Let me tell you the answer, this place is new California Fitness club located at rooftop of Lot 10 malls. Maybe I can call it as "hidden hanging club", because California Fitness didn't well preparing for the grand opening, no any direction sign from ground floor to the rooftop, they only set up some promotion to get more new members. Yes, new members for them is more important than anything, for those first time visitor, they might get lost in between the car park floors.

After "hiking" up to the rooftop, I feel really warm and hot, guess might save my time for warming up before starting gym. The first impression on the lookout of this "hidden" club is:"wow" such a very modern and minimalism style design place with garden walkway, but after I step in the club, I really get shock on the inside with very limited space, beside the studio and changing room, everywhere in the club is small.


For secure the member's expensive stuffs, all the California Fitness clubs has putting up some locker with CCTV outside the towel counter after reporting some break in stolen cases. Of cause I am one of the victim for those lost, I am very unhappy for the locker with CCTV at Lot 10 club, is smallest than other clubs which can't even putting stuff such like laptop or whatever bigger that A4 size.

When I starting my workout at the free weight zone, because on the small space, I am so worry that someone dumbbell beside me might falling to my head or body, I can't even got more space for the workout move. So basically, Lot 10 California Fitness club is not a good choice for those free weight fans. After all, I still miss the old location at Menara Standard Chartered...

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Hi Calgarden,

I share the same sentiments about California Fitness Lot 10.

I'm one of those who got lost in between the car park floors when I first went there :-)

We must all complain about the cramped space and poor facilities. Then only they'll take action.

calgraden said...

Hi Julie,
The california management seem didn't really care our complains. When the time my wallet and cell phone get stolen, they not even care to improving the security of locker, just told me that I should not bring my wallet and phone come to gym. I was get shock after hearing their unprofessional advice.